Sunday, April 19, 2009

on the flip side

A few days ago I posted on the top fruits/veggies that you SHOULD buy organic because they have the highest levels of pesticides. Well this weekend in Cooking Light Magazine I found the top 5 fruits and top 5 veggies that you can SKIP on buying organic. They are the least likely to contain trace levels of pesticides.
  1. pineapples
  2. eggplant
  3. asparagus
  4. onions
  5. broccoli
  6. mangoes
  7. kiwifruit
  8. bananas
  9. avocados
  10. cabbage
Great to know since it's pretty expensive to try and buy everything organic, now I can feel less guilty about these 10. Obviously someday I would love to go all organic, but for now I want to focus on the most important products. Thank you Cooking Light!


1 comment:

The Shaft's said...

You know, I have realized that Japanese produce is soooo much better than American. We can buy a little of it on base and it is so darn good. You can taste the difference. Now that the yen is almost flush with dollar again I can start buying out in town again!