Friday, July 15, 2011

what i am reading right now

This is what I am reading right now. I have only finished the introduction but I am already really interested in what it has to offer. I noticed a few weeks ago that my six year old doesn't understand the concept of being grateful. He can say thank you but then will turn around and complain about something that he was given. In fact we have had a lot of, "no fairs," "I don't want tos" and other selfish terms. So I am in search of ways to get him to understand our values as a family. If we don't teach our kids morals, the world will be happy to teach them the opposite.

I will let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

The Boyd Family said...

I'd love to hear how you like the book. I'm having the same problems with Gavin, especially with discipline, etc... I just ordered "Boundaries with Kids" from the library. I have heard great things about it, so we'll see how it goes! :) Good luck!