Friday, February 10, 2012

weeklong catch up

I guess I had a busy week (which I did) because I had no idea that I had not posted since Monday. Hello! So here are all of the things I should have been blogging about:



You can check out my post over at my blog Family and Frills on ocfamily.com to read about the new exhibit at The Discover Science Center and how much fun we had there. And yes, we met the real Dora who is surprisingly big :)





If you asked me two months ago what is the one thing I have never had any interest in as far as exercise, I would have said (hands down) running. However this economy really has me in a pinch and I had to find a way to lose weight, tone, and do something during the day even with kids in tow. And so two weeks ago I dedicated myself to the Couch to 5K program. It's free. At the very least you only have to work out for 25 minutes, 3 days a week. My kids can go with me in the jogging stroller. And so here I am, trying to teach my body how to run. I am planning on making it all 9 weeks! I have been running about 4-5 days a week so far and I pack the kids fun snack bags for the ride. I know it will get tough but hopefully I can take on any 20 minute challenge. Wish me luck on week 3 starting tomorrow.





It was 50's Day at school so we dressed my big guy up as a soda jerk. Pretty darn cute, right? I stayed up sewing that bow tie until 1am the night before. Oh, the things we do for our kids!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!




1 comment:

The Shaft's said...

woohoo go Amanda!!! SO proud of you!!