Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pilates


So I started pilates at the 6 week mark after my c-section. I heard that it can lengthen and lean your muscles and I really wanted to do something other than the gym. I have had 6 private lessons over the past few weeks and I took my first group class tonight. I love it and I am a believer! When I started my muscles were so weak, especially my abdominals from the surgery. Every week I am noticing how much stronger my body is getting and it's helping me slim down (along with eating healthy). I am taking at least 2 pilates classes a week, and since pilates does not replace cardio, I am also walking a few days a week. I have had a lot of people tell me thay have done the pilates mat classes which I have never tried, these classes are on the actual reformer like the picture above. The only drawback is that it is pretty expensive. Unfortunately I will only be able to do this for another month or two but I will miss it! The studio I go to is Pure Pilates in Ladera Ranch, they also have a location in Laguna Niguel. For more info go to www.purepilateslaguna.com.

No comments: