Friday, October 14, 2011

a little dose of celebrity news




I don't care much for celebrity drama or what they are or are not doing, like Ashton's love life, but I do love celebrity fashion on the streets and basic celebrity news. I love to hear when some actresses have a baby and what they name it (I still love the name Apple). For so long I have fought the battle of gossip sites like TMZ and Perez Hilton. I use to read them daily, then I gave them up, then I would read them once a week and now I am officially done. First, I don't want to know all the private and dirty laundry that is on there. Secondly, I don't want to be influenced by someone else's social and political views that they put in every post and yet totally influence our culture with. I think my last straw was when they posted a picture of a Modern Family star posing eating a sandwich at the new Chick-fil-A in Hollywood and they said that she must be anti-gay because Chick-fil-A contributes to Focus on the Family. I was a little peeved that an actress, who acts on a show where she has two gay uncles, can be anti-gay for eating at a fast food joint. She obviously had no idea of Chick-fil-A's contribution practices. Of course her reps had to be contacted and there even had to be a follow-up update. I just don't want any part of all of the Hollywood nonsense anymore. But I found one site that fills me in on basic celebrity news and has great pictures of celebrity fashion. It totally fills my needs for "just a little bit." It's people.com and it takes me two minutes to read. They have about ten Latest Headlines, cute StarTracks pictures and a StyleWatch.

And this post has nothing to do with my personal social and political views :) Just what I really think about celebrity gossip sites.  

No comments: