Monday, August 23, 2010

seattle

I Just got back from Seattle and here are my favs from my trip. Luckily my host and hostess (and amazing friends) have great taste, so I came back with lots of favs! My favorite part of Seattle, it seemed like everything was organic from their coffee to their grocery stores. Great choices on every corner!


#1- JASON Powersmile All Natural Whitening CoQ10 Toothe Gel. This toothpaste is awesome because it is pure, natural & organic. It also has fluoride for cavity fighting!

#2- Portage Bay Cafe
2821 NW Market
Seattle, WA 98107
206.783.1547
I went here for breakfast. I had the BEST Organic Apple and Whole Wheat Pancakes. This cafe uses an array of food sources from local, clean and sustainable farms and producers. They also have a toppings bar to add as much fruits, nuts, butter and organic maple syrup as you want!


#3- La Carta de Oaxaca
5431 Ballard Avenue NW
Seattle, WA 98107
206.782.8722
Their food is cuisine from Oaxaca, Mexico. Not only is it fresh and delicious, it is at a great price. There is a lot of thought and love that goes into this restaurant. Such great mexican food!

#4- PCC Natural Markets- it's the largest consumer-owned natural food retail co-operative in the United States. I was in awe because it is beautiful inside with amazing organic produce, a great variety of natural foods and the best looking deli/bakery I have ever seen. I wish we had one!!

#5- Tuta Bella Neopolitan Pizzeria
4411 Stone Way North
Seattle, WA 98103
206.633.3800
Pizza Today's 2010 Indie Pizzeria of the Year. SO GOOD!

#6- Theo Chocolate
3400 Phinney Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98103
206 632.5100
Only organic, fair trade, bean-to-bar chocolate factory in the US. You can go on a factory tour or just visit their store on site and get free chocolate tastings. Fun!

#7- Lavender hand soap- I loved smelling my friend Christy's Method Lavender Hand Soap

#8- Dirty Dozen App from the Environmental Working Group- it's free for your iPhone and will be your shopper's guide to which fruits and vegetables you need to buy organic! A must have for every mom (and dad).

#9- D'Ambrosio Gelato
5339 Ballard Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107
206.327.9175
Do you like banana? This was the best gelato combination I ever had. The Banana Frutta & Bacio di Dama (Women's Kiss). Try it, trust me.

#10- Thanks to Joel for introducing me to Spezi. In Germany they love cola with orange soda. Pepsi and Coke make their own versions. Joel made me some with Coke and Fanta. It was good!

#11- The best travel companion ever. Baby #3 and I had the best time with our friends....he got lots of special time, which is important for the third child! I loved sharing this trip with him.


No comments: