Wednesday, March 2, 2011

oopsie

When my kids get a scrape or any kind of boo boo, I usually hug and love on them and then tell them, "you're fine." I clean up the scrape or cut and tell them to go rest. Sometimes they will tell me it stings and it hurts after a little time goes by and I kind of just say, "sorry baby" and assume they just need a little more attention but that it can't hurt anymore.

Fast-forward to yesterday. I slipped while trying to put the baby in the car and scraped my elbow. It was bleeding a little. I went home and cleaned it up (it totally stung a lot) and even today it hurts. I am a pretty tough cookie when it comes to pain so all I can think about now are all the bumps, scrapes and bruises that my little ones got that I just said, "you're okay." I think now I'll give them a little more TLC. Funny how we do those kind of things as moms!

Lesson learned.


No comments: