Wednesday, March 2, 2011

so good (and healthy)


Tonight I made a Healthier Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup that I found on allrecipes.com. It was REALLY good! You should definitely check it out here and I know I will be making it again. Yum!

I love reading the reader comments online and making similar changes. The changes I made to this recipe were as follows:
- I used a larger can of diced tomatoes instead of the 15oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
- I added a small can of green chilis
- I used one mild to medium pepper instead of the 2 cubanelle peppers
- I added a can of black beans (drained)
- I did not have a bay leaf
- I used a Mexican Seasoning instead of the cumin & chili powder. It just had some extras in it.
- I used crushed up low fat chips instead of making my own
- I sprinkled a little low fat Mexican cheese on top

Super easy and so yummy!

No comments: