Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies


What do you do when your hubby loves oatmeal raisin cookies, but you prefer chocolate chip? You take the Quaker Oats Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe and add a few extra things!

Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins
Chocolate Chips (I add about 3/4 cup)
Walnuts (I add about 1/2 cup)

Preparation
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.

2 comments:

Noel Kennedy said...

I make the same thing but also add white chocolate chips and a dish of nutmeg. I was thinking about making them today!

Jasmin said...

Wow! These look real tasty and quite an easy recipe. I' htinking about trying them, but as good as the recipe was, I think I'd prefer it with what the person above me said! Thank's for the recipe!