Wednesday, February 16, 2011

good start

I hate eating breakfast. Nothing ever sounds good and with three kids, I'm too busy to eat. But, I know that it is the most important meal of the day and that I need to make it a priority! I already posted about the McDonalds oatmeal and I love oatmeal, so I knew I wanted to incorporate it into my breakfast routine. But I never did... well until today. I know that oatmeal is so good for you and that you should not eat the instant oatmeal from the packets because they have too much sugar and not as much whole grains. I bought a big tub of Quaker Oats and JUST realized that you can make it in the microwave, not just on the stove. How come I never saw that before? So I made myself a piping hot bowl, added some craisins and a touch of brown sugar and voila! Next time I will add diced apples or bananas. And my friend told me she loves adding pecans. Yummy and SO GOOD for you.

No comments: