Thursday, February 12, 2009

good recipe

Found this recipe on the back of the Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix that I use for roasts in the crock pot. I wasn't expecting to like it, but we LOVED it. I halved the recipe, used light sour cream and served over fettucini noodles. It was delicous!


Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff


2-lb boneless chuck steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
10 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Beefy Onion Soup Mix
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
1 container (8oz) sour cream

1. In a slow cooker, toss beef with flour. Stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours until meat is tender.

2. Stir in sour cream. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked noodles.

6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes

4 comments:

eva said...

Bret would love this! Can I send him over for dinner? ;) I'll have to make it for him. Kisses to the kids!

Whitney said...

Is this what you are going to make us?? Yum

The Shaft's said...

I am gonna try this one!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Lipton's Onion Soup mix. I may try this, but omit the mushrooms (hubby hates those). Yum!