Tuesday, February 10, 2009

a cute something to help your kids feel better


We use to have a humidifier where you had to replace this vent-type thing and the water always sloshed around. It felt old and dirty (even though it wasn't) and it never seemed to work right. I finally got fed up one night and went to Target to get a new cool-mist humidifier, after all, it is an important tool in child wellness. We didn't have a lot of money to spend so I bought a Crane Frog Humidifier for around $20. They didn't have a lot of affordable choices so the fact that it was a cute frog too was just a bonus. I actually didn't expect it to work that well due to the price, but I hoped anything would be better than what we had. 

Well, 2+ years later I STILL LOVE IT. Unfortunately it went up in price ($34.99), but at the same time they came up with new animals to delight your kids. I not only love that it's cute, but it's really easy to use, it has a lot of different levels for the mist and it doesn't seem bulky to me. Plus, Brody just calls it "his froggy" and doesn't mind when it's in his room. It's not a scary machine. Pictures of some of the cute animal choices are below and there are many more (cow, koala, dragon or a football) at target.com. If you don't use a humidifier, I suggest getting one. It really makes a huge difference during the cold and flu season. Our little froggy is working hard tonight in Piper's room.





1 comment:

Whitney said...

have been using a humidifier since I was Piper's age. I need it to sleep when I am sick. Mine has been working full time, but now Jo has a bit of a cold. This would be so nice for her. THX