Monday, January 25, 2010

good words

I'm sure most have you watched or saw footage from Conan O'Brien's last show on Friday. I didn't see the whole thing but was able to watch his goodbyes to his fans. I was really inspired by what he had to say. I posted it below and the ending is my favorite. It's words we should all live by- don't be cynical, work hard and be kind. Read below!

"And finally, I have to say something to our fans. The massive outpouring of support and passion from so many people has been overwhelming. The rallies, the signs, all the goofy, outrageous creativity on the internet, and the fact that people have traveled long distances and camped out all night in the pouring rain to be in our audience, made a sad situation joyous and inspirational. To all the people watching, I can never thank you enough for your kindness to me and I'll think about it for the rest of my life. All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism — it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

1 comment:

Steve Luxenberg said...

so. . . i'm going to be cynical here. When your show doesn't get the ratings, it get's cancelled.

happens to lots of people all the time. Jay Leno = good ratings = he get's the tonight show back.

enough bickering.

and i just barfed in my mouth, again.