Tuesday, September 7, 2010

i have to do it

My daily devotional today was about..... being bitter.

I don't feel like a bitter person, I am pretty thankful for what I do have and I love those I can share my life with. But I think that the bitter monster sneaks up on all of us at times. I know there are things that I try and let go but deep down I still feel angry about them. I definitely have some bitterness in me!!!

"A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control." Proverbs 29:11

Basically the devotional said that being resentful is a waste of time, it hurts you more than the other person (who doesn't usually even know how you feel), it wears you down physically and emotionally and it's a waste of your creativity (planning how to get back at people). That is so true! I think as moms we cross so many types of relationships (at school, home, work, friends, family etc). It's easy to stay mad and be resentful towards people if they do not behave the way we want them to or if they hurt our feelings. We need to learn to move on, make use of that time we are spending being bitter and try and make things better for everyone.

I'm really going to try to be better at this..... baby steps right?

2 comments:

The Shaft's said...

amen sister!

whitney said...

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings!! xoxoxo