Tuesday, November 16, 2010

imperfect

I have a bookmark folder on my computer with about 40 blogs in it. I use to check them all the time, but now I have tapered off. I check maybe 2 or 3 and my friends' blogs to see cute pics of their kids. Why did I taper off? I'm going to be honest....they were making me feel pretty inadequate. Every blog made me feel like I was looking at the perfect mother. Their houses are amazing and decorated beautifully, there kids are always spotless and dressed to impress, they come up with crafty ideas EVERYDAY, their gardens bloom with ease and so on and so on. Geesh! Not only that but they have time to be witty, take their kids on the most educational and really cool outings and take great pictures while doing it AND are amazing businesswoman. How do they do it? I can't even keep my house clean, I don't know where a great vintage store or flea market is and I would love to bake every day but our waistlines grow quickly in this house. It's just too hard to try and catch up, and I did try.... but it was impossible from the beginning. Now many of these women are just that fantastic, I really think so! There is nothing I can do about that! For some others, well we can post all of our best days on our blogs can't we? And for me, I like being a regular mom and hope that as I age I can dabble more in things that interest me and maybe eventually be half as good at decorating with amazing flea market finds. But until then, it's peanut butter and jelly and a messy house for me.

Have you felt the same before, well you need to stop too!!!!!

4 comments:

Noel said...

I Have felt that way many times!!!

The Shaft's said...

Um, I feel this way at times when I look at YOUR blog! haha! I know just what you mean and especially the cooking one. I mean really, we would 400 pounds if I cooked like many of the blogs I look at.

Kathleen said...

I was just thinking that I wish I was you. You have a fabulous business, kids and your house is amazing. Thanks for letting me know that it is hard to keep it up!

Whitney said...

Feel this this way all the time with photo blogs and FB photogs. I made a FB friend list called "real friends" and I try to just check these. If I have more time and looking for inspiration I surf a bit more. Just want to see what my "real friends" are up to. PS your on "the list"!