Wednesday, November 30, 2011

esther's favorite things

I am always excited to have a guest post from someone fabulous! Introducing Esther Kim, owner of Blu Button Boutique in Long Beach, California. Blu Button is a vintage-inspired women's boutique featuring new clothing, shoes and accessories with a retro flair. You should read the Yelp reviews, so many praises.






So, without further ado, please enjoy these favorites on Esther's Top Ten list!





I literally CANNOT live without this...





The perfect shade to mix with any other hue as well as to quickly add a hint of color to bare lips.






Vintage inspired women's clothing that doesn't break the bank. Perfect for those who love fun, feminine dresses and coats with whimsical details. Available at Blu Button boutique (I was a fan before I ordered the line for my store but would only find their clothing elsewhere such as New York and Chicago).






Shoes for the girl who likes a vintage flair with contemporary elements. They're unique, comfortable and evoke the romantic styles of the past. Available at Blu Button boutique (also, purchased a few pairs in years past for my personal wardrobe before carrying the brand at my store).






5. Vintage jewelry 
I prefer old antique jewelry because, first of all, no one will have the same thing, secondly, the craftsmanship back in the day is usually better than it is now, and third, the pieces look as though they have a story to tell. I'm always on the hunt, whether it's at a flea market or vintage store. I've also received family heirlooms as well as costume jewelry from friend's grandmothers that I mean so much to me.






It can be slight challenge at first because of the uncertainty on how to manuever it. But once you see the way your hair looks and notice how long the curls hold, you'll surely forget about the minor hassles! This was gifted to me and anytime a friend inquires about it I let them borrow it so they can try it out!




This refreshing red wine has the perfect amount of sweetness and bubbles. Served chilled, it is a hit with all the women at any gathering.







I constantly crave the fresh food from this restaurant and it doesn't help that I work a few doors down. A hip version of the standard Vietnamese place, Number Nine has many vegetarian options as well as unique bottled beers and mixed beverages. When it's cold I go straight for the vegetarian pho (rice noodle soup) and if it's warm outside I order the bun (cold vermicelli rice noodles) with five spice chicken with eggroll.






I'm in love with my sink. Handmade in England, this heavy duty beauty is worth the pretty penny. In a kitchen that's been a pathetic work in progress for two years, my sink makes it all better.





It never ceases to amaze me how many clever little tips I get from this magazine...not including the endless decor inspiration, DIY ideas and how-to instructions. Lots of tear sheets came out of here.


Enjoy!
Esther Kim

Blu Button
2112 E. 4th St.
Long Beach, CA 90814
(562) 433-8782

* Read about Blu Button on Yelp

No comments: