Tuesday, November 8, 2011

i made these

(picture and recipe found here)

Last night I made two different recipes that I had found on Pinterest. One did not turn out very well and the other was delicious! These bite sized apple pies were teeny, yummy and so easy. Everyone, including my baby gobbled two of them up. They are the perfect little dessert to whip up real quick and share with others. I know they would be even more perfect with vanilla ice cream. 

1/2 cup sugar 
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 
1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry 
3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided 
2 medium tart apples, each cut into 8 wedges (16 total wedges)


Directions: 
In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside 1 tablespoon. 


On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. 


Cut each sheet into eight 1-in. strips, about 8 inches long. Wrap one strip around each apple wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against the apple. 


Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining butter; sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.


When I made this recipe I used granny smith apples and I chose to cut the skin off, many reviewers kept it on, so up to you. I also noticed that people were not using the whole sugar/cinnamon mixture on the pie pastry. I used all of it (minus the 1 tablespoon they tell you to set aside) and even though it seems like a lot, it tastes so good. My pie pastry was around 15 ounces and came in two circular pieces, I just used both of them and they worked great.

I love how easy this was and I plan on always having two apples and some pie pastry on hand!

No comments: