Thursday, August 28, 2008

Love for Nie

I have spent the last 30 minutes checking out all the auctions being held and crying at the amount of money people are bidding to go towards the family. It makes me happy to know that there is so much goodness in people to help strangers in need. My heart breaks for the Nie's families and what they must be going through right now, but my prayers are with them all. Last week Christian and Stephanie Nielson were in a very serious plane crash. They are a young couple with four children under the age of six. They are in critical condition. Stephanie has third degree burns covering 80% of her body and Christian has third degree burns over 30% of his body. The recovery will be very long and very expensive.

If you are able, please consider contributing to this fund that will go directly to the family.

Today, several websites are auctioning off items for their benefit. Go to Design Mom's blog to see the comprehensive list.

Updates about Stephanie and Christian here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you - yesterday moved me to tears. I really, really hope and pray that all is well with Nie and Christian, and that lots and lots of money is raised for their recovery.