Tuesday, June 15, 2010

christmas in june

I know money is still tight for most people, us included. I am always thinking ahead with our finances, trying to figure out what we need to do next. I know it's only June, but I am already thinking about Christmas (is that crazy?). I want to make sure the kids have a great holiday and I don't want to be stressing about money. Last year I started buying their gifts in September so that we could afford to get them what they wanted. I'm thinking it's a little early too start buying gifts now.... but I had a great idea that I am implementing today! I am going to start buying gift cards for us to use later. If every paycheck I go buy a $25 gift card to Target or Toys R Us (and give up an eating-out meal), then by Christmas shopping time I can use all our gift cards and not break the bank. I likey.

No comments: