Sunday, June 6, 2010

good things come in small packages


I was a little under-the-weather this weekend, so I decided to make baby food. My little guy is almost 6 months old now and ready to start his veggies. I made baby food for Piper and I hated it. I used my gigantic food processor and felt like I had to make these huge batches. It was always a huge mess. If it hadn't been so important to me, I would have stopped after the first batch. I really wanted one of the Beaba Babycook Baby Food Makers from Williams-Sonoma but we couldn't afford it. Well with Baby #3, my mom surprised me with one (yes, I cried) and I have been waiting to use it. OMG! I LOVE IT! You have no idea how happy it made me this weekend. I think it's amazing. It makes little batches, which means when I have a few spare minutes I can chop up some veggies and throw it in. It steams them and then you can mix them, all using one machine. It's brilliant. I found myself making food three separate times because I had a free minute. The only time consuming part is chopping your vegetables before hand. It's small, easy to clean and easy to use. I really wish I would have been able to use this with all my babies! My new favorite thing.

2 comments:

The Shaft's said...

Oh I may have to get one. I have been toying with the idea of making my own baby food when he reaches that age.

Whitney said...

Yeah! I am so happy you got one too. You can teach me how to use it! Love mommies!