Monday, December 6, 2010

spread the love


The debate is that the more technology that we have, the less personal our relationships become. I get that. It's easier and faster to communicate through email, text, Facebook, etc. And all of those avenues take away hearing someone's actual voice and having a real conversation. But you know what's great about text message or Facebook? We can just say hello at times that would be inconvenient to pick up the phone. Sometimes I just send a friend or family member a text letting them know that I am thinking about them, or telling them that I love them and how great I think they are. And I always mean it! It feels really nice to get a text that says, "I'm just thinking about you" or "I'm praying for you" or "I just wanted to tell you that I think you are amazing." I love to text my parents just to tell them how much I love them. I know many of you already do all of this... well because many of my readers are my friends and I have been on the receiving end.

So I am challenging you this week and through the holidays to pick up your phone in quiet random moments and text a friend or family member. Don't just say hi, text them something unexpected and meaningful. And keep doing it. Pick someone whom may not be on your usual list. Text a mommy having a baby and let them know you are thinking about them. Anything. Let's start making people feel good in the middle of their boring, stressful day. It makes you feel good too. And if you don't have text....use email, Facebook, etc.

Now send your first text right now!

No comments: