Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Spirit

I was online reading the news a few days ago and one article posed the question, "should people put up less lights due to our country's financial situation." I was disappointed when I read it. I understand people needing to put up less lights because they can't afford the electric bill, but if you can afford it put up as many lights as you can! People need the Christmas spirit and that's exactly what twinkle lights do, they make you feel better. They make you feel warm about the season. My family's Christmas is so much smaller this year, but I feel like my Christmas spirit is higher. Maybe because I'm not distracted by the malls and buying a million gifts. Maybe because I am enjoying the smaller things like Santa Claus, decorating, Christmas trees and the chilly weather. Maybe because I am excited about things like making fudge for friends and family and homemade gifts for grandparents from the kids. We can have money taken away from us, but our spirit lies within us and right now no one can take that away from me. All I want to do is sing Christmas carols at the top of my lungs in the car with the family (and boy we do that)!

2 comments:

eva said...

So true and you so have the Christmas spirit, I can see it in you. The Santa picture is the best!

Leslie said...

Love the pic, except I can't tell if Piper is laughing or screaming.

P.S. Christmas cards were beautiful. Your family is just gorgeous.