Sunday, December 28, 2008

My 2009 Resolutions


One of my favorite things to do is make my New Year's Resolutions at the end of every year. Not only does it give you some time to reflect on where you are in your life, but it helps you remind yourself where you want to go. I honestly believe that everyone should make their resolutions yearly. This year I started a new tradition where my whole family (not just me) makes their own resolutions and we help each other and/or share with each other. I will be sharing my resolutions today, Mark's tomorrow, and Brody's (so cute) on Tuesday. 

I believe resolutions need to be done correctly. Personally I think they need to be SHARED so that we are held accountable, they need to be REALISTIC,  and the need to be SPECIFIC. I made 15 this year, make how many you think you need. I know I can handle 15 because I will follow them all (I always do). Some areas I think that your resolutions need to be based on are SELF, FAMILY, SPIRITUALITY, APPEARANCE, and OTHERS. I hope that by reading mine you can start to build your own list.

Amanda's 2009 Resolutions
1. Continue to find healthy options for my family in food and recreation (organics, vegetarian meals, new foods).
2. Make my own health a priority and find time for diet and exercise. Maintain the same weight for a whole year.
3. Move away from the things I flock to when things get hard (coca-cola, sweets & shopping).
4. Get at least one full night's sleep a week (a full 8 hours).
5. Take my business up one level through marketing, website changes and cost solutions.
6. Make decisions based on what is best for my family, not others.
7. Date night at least once a month!
8. Create at least one fundraiser in 2009.
9. Find small pockets of "me" time to decompress and be creative.
10. Make fashion a priority, well at least anytime not Mon-Fri from 8am to 5pm, meaning dress up on the weekends and any outing.
11. Change someone's life in 2009, make a lasting difference.
12. Remind my friends' how amazing they are and compliment a stranger at least once a week.
13. Help my husband reach a dream of his. 
14. Actually begin to write down the words in my book, get it on paper.
15. Pray more.

Those are mine so start thinking of yours and if you want you can post them in the comment section or email them to me and I can post them on my blog. Or at least print them out and tape them on your computer so you are reminded of them every day.

5 comments:

The Shaft's said...

Oh i think I might do this...I will let you know and post it on my blog too. :)

Anonymous said...

These are great, Amanda! Very realistic and all really good for the soul. I'm still working mine out in my head...and this year I really need to STICK to them! :)

eva said...

You look great in your picture and your resolutions are healthy for the mind and body. May 2009 be everything you planned for and much more!

Vanessa said...

Wow! I'm very inspired to get my own resolutions down on paper:) Thank you for sharing these with us!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your very personal resolutions with us! They are very inspirational and #12 is actually very similar to one of mine ;o) I am going to have Dan and Sarah write theirs down as well... I think that's great!