Monday, August 3, 2009

nightly readings


I bought the book Adventures of Frog and Toad by Arnold Lobel at Barnes and Noble, not realizing that it is an I Can Read Series. I picked it because now that Brody is four, I was thinking that it was time to try a chapter book for nightly readings. I wanted him to get a glimpse of a book that takes a little longer to read. This book was perfect for that! The chapters are short so we would read a few each night, and the chapters are each little stories so he didn't have to remember what we read the night before for that night to make sense. Online it's around $8 but it was on sale for $6 at the store. Now I love that I can save it and we can get reacquainted with it when he is ready to read on his own. I'm going back to B&N soon to buy some more of these types of books.

1 comment:

Jen C said...

I used to love that book!