Thursday, July 22, 2010

delicious

I browse allrecipes.com quite often for new dinner ideas. I came across a homemade applesauce recipe and read all of the reviews. One of the reviewers made her applesauce in the crockpot and I knew I wanted to do that too, so that's why my house smells delicious right now! Normally, I would do this in the Fall....but hey applesauce is great anytime! Now, my applesauce did not come out perfect and needs to be tweaked but I will explain that after the recipe below.

Slow Cooker Applesauce
8 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
1 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
Combine ingredients in slow cooker, cook on high for 4 hours.

Notice that I mashed my applesauce when it was done. Part of the reason why I did this is because my applesauce was very watery, next time I will use only 3/4 cup water. I also think I let it cook a bit longer than the 4 hours and it was overcooked. Next time I will continually test it between the 3 -4 hours to get the right consistency. It's pretty hard to screw up homemade applesauce, it's good no matter what! I hope to perfect this before Fall comes around

No comments: