Wednesday, April 7, 2010

easy meal

If you want the easiest slow cooker meal possible, here it is:

Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
3-4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (frozen)
1/2 ( or 3/4) jar of spaghetti sauce (eye ball it)
1 can tomato paste
1/2 green bell pepper chopped
1/2 diced yellow onion
fresh sliced mushrooms
3 tablespoons fresh garlic
light-medium sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes
heavy sprinkling of oregano
light-medium spinkle of black pepper (can always add more later)

Cook on low for 7-8 hours

I got this off of my Dinner Spinner and instead of following the recipe, I followed one of the user comment's recipe. For mine I only used a green bell pepper (no yellow), I used garlic in a jar from my refrigerator (1 tsp) and instead of the red peppers and oregano, I used some Italian Seasoning I had in the cupboard. I also shred the chicken a bit and serve with either pasta or rice. It's really good considering you just have to throw stuff in a pot and most of them are staples that I always have at home!

No comments: